Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Are you left or right handed?

I've been looking into the subject area of left and/or right-handed users and the theory of Norman Geschwind's in relation to learning disorders, dyslexia and stuttering as well as increased spatial ability. It is such an immense topic and truly fascinating. I came across these interesting statistics on wikipedia.org

Quote:Though constituting less than 10% of the general population, 60% of U.S. presidents in the last 30 years have been left-handed, including Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton. Presidential candidates Barack Obama and John McCain also happen to be left-handed. Unquote

I could not resist researching more under the heading "Left-handedness and intelligence", if you have time do click on the link below and have a quick browse http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_handed. Lots of food for thought.

Next week I will be posting my notes on perception and different ways of thinking.

No comments: